- stresses teamwork
- provides participants with opportunity for leadership
- encourages team members to interact in an efficient and cohesive manner
- is about problem-solving – recognising and negotiating obstacles and, as a team, finding solutions
- practises skills necessary for competent performance
- runs morning workshops on the day of the Challenge to prepare teams
- gives satisfaction from activities as well as outcomes
- emphasises having fun with learning
In Term 3, our Grade 3/4 and Grade 5/6 Pegasus Program at Apollo Parkway PS will focus on the G.A.T.E.WAYS Team Challenge. Twenty-four students will work with Miss Tomat each week to complete preparation challenges and reinforce skills in particular curriculum areas. Students will be grouped into teams of 4 earlier in the term so they can collaborate together, learn their team members talents, individual skills and interests and develop an understanding of the challenge they would like to lead their team in on the day.
Click here to be directed to the G.A.T.E.WAYS Challenge website.
When is the G.A.T.E.WAYS Team Challenge?
Term 4 – Week 1
Wednesday 11th October: Grade 3 and 4
Thursday 12th October: Grade 5 and 6
Winners on the day will secure a place in the National FINALS.
Friday 8th December @ Box Hill High